Today, I'm joining in the The Hop To STOP blog hop! October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month and this hop is designed to raise awareness about domestic violence, an issue that impacts 1 in 4 women, and the resources that are available to assist victims of domestic violence.
For the hop I created a Birthday Card featuring a mix of stamps and dies from
My Favorite Things and Papertrey Ink.
Paper: White CS (Recollections), Black CS (Recollections), Green CS, Silver CS, Purple CS; Stamps: Big Greetings (My Favorite Things); Ink: Black (Simon Says Stamps); Tools: Cover Plate Stripes Diagonal Die (Papertrey Ink), Circle Scribbles Die Collection (Papertrey Ink), Pierced Square Stax (Die-Namics), Royal Rose and Mini Royal Rose (Die-Namics), Royal Leaves (Die-Namics), Scor-buddy; Paper Trimmer (Fiskars), Big Shot (Sizzix); Other: Clear Gems, ATG Tape, Scor-Tape, Foam Tape
Let's show our support and help spread awareness by:
- Create any type of papercraft/mixed media art project, as long as it *features* the color purple (domestic violence awareness color).
- Linkup for the hop will be posted on October 1 and will close October 14. Prize winners will be announced October 17.
- Comment on the three entries before your linkup in order to be eligible for a prize (be a good bloggy neighbor!) (unless it's a site that requires a login).
- Display the sponsor graphic!
- Provide a direct link back to the hop.
For more information about domestic violence, its impacts, and available resources, visit the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. http://www.nrcdv.org/
Make sure to head over to the The Hop To STOP for a full list of blog hop sponsors and links to all the creative entries!